I am so excited you guys! Jess Garza from Simply Jess has nominated Tight Budget Sandwich for the Liebster Award – a fun way for bloggers to gain more followers/readers on their blogs! Everyone who gets nominated has to follow six simple rules in order to help out other bloggers. This is an awesome way to support one another! Here are the six simple rules:
Below are the questions that Jess asked me along with my answers.
2. What is your inspiration for your blog?
My inspiration for this blog are all the people who are struggling to put food on the table or who have money but need to save it. I’m especially inspired by young people with families and seniors on a fixed income.
3. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
I enjoy writing, first of all. I like doing the research for getting the best deals possible on groceries. I love finding free stuff!
4. What is your favorite thing to do in your spare time?
Unfortunately for my waist line, my favorite thing to do is eat.
5. How do you enjoy time that you have to yourself?
Right now, I spend time on YouTube. I’m really getting in to home decorating on a budget. There are so many creative people on YouTube who are decorating their homes beautifully with Dollar Tree finds, and better yet, things they found for free.
6. What is your favorite food?
My favorite food is ice cream. That’s why I try to buy it sparingly.
7. What kind of music do you like?
I like R&B and easy listening, but this month I’m taking the challenge to just listen to Christian music for 30 days. It’s a nice way to start the year off right.
8. What is your favorite household “duty?”
I like cleaning the kitchen because a clean kitchen makes the rest of the house look better.
9. Where would your ideal vacation be?
I’d like to go to New York. There are so many sites to see there. I think that everyone should see the Statue of Liberty in person.
10. What is your favorite tv show?
My favorite TV show is The Middle because it’s so close to the life I’m living now. Frankie’s struggle to get her son Axel into college is so much like what I’m going through with my two boys it’s as if they had a hidden camera in my house.
11. What is your hobby?
Is couponing a hobby?
11 Random Facts About Myself
1. I love to get as much from a dollar as I can.
2. I volunteer at our church’s food pantry.
3. My father bought my sister and me a pet alligator when we were in middle school. He lasted about a year.
4. I have the opposite of a green thumb.
5. I’m directionally challenged. I get lost easily.
6. I like fishing, but I won’t eat anything I catch.
7. I never learned how to properly walk in high heels. How does one walk in six inch heels without falling?
8. My favorite birthday present is a movie, some popcorn and a diet soda.
9. I don’t drink alcohol.
10. I can knit.
11. I love God, my sons, family, and friends.
11 Blogs I Am Nominating. Please visit their sites.
2. Hapa Mom
10. Multitask Momma
11 Questions for My Nominees
1. How long have you been blogging?
2. What inspires you to keep blogging?
3. When and where do you do your blogging?
4. What is your default dinner when you don’t have a lot of time to prepare it?
5. What is one thing you do to save money?
6. What is the one app that you use everyday?
7. You have one hour to yourself. How will you spend it?
8. What one food or drink leaves your house the quickest?
9. Name a battle that you’re choosing not to fight with your kids.
10. The most difficult thing about blogging is…
11. The best thing about blogging is…
I hope that you have enjoyed this post and that it introduces new readers/followers to all our blogs. Thanks for participating.